A.F. built the first wooden framed house in Rice County. The Alexander Faribault House was built in the Greek Revival style in 1853 by Alexander Faribault for a cost of $4000.00. The Faribault family lived in the house for a few years, moving a few years later to a brick mansion on the bluffs overlooking the Straight River. The house was used as a civic center and as a private home. The house was saved in 1945 by RCHS and has gone through several renovations as the building has been stabilized. Tours of the house are available by calling the Rice County Historical Society at (507) 332-2121.