Summer is here, and music will once again fill the air on Thursday evenings in Faribault’s Historic Central Park for the 134th anniversary season. This summer’s music schedule boasts 11 nights of free concerts that community and visitors alike are invited to attend.
Grab your lawn chairs, blankets, and friends and family and plan to be at Central Park in Faribault (unless otherwise noted) on Thursday evenings this summer. The historic band shell in Faribault provides a great home to a summer tradition. There is no cost to attend the concerts, and the music starts at 7PM each Thursday.
2021 Concerts in the Park Calendar:
- June 10 – Back Up & Push performs traditional bluegrass sounds.
- June 17 – Gold Star Band jams to classic and current country music.
- June 24 – Little Chicago plays pop and rock hits of the 1960s and 1970s.
- July 1 – Tony Rook Band provides bluegrass music.
- July 8 – Roe Family Singers play good-time, old-time hillbilly music.
- July 15 – The Everett Smithson Band brings you music from up and down the Mississippi river.
- July 22 – Eclipse brings nostalgia and fun with their song selection.
- July 29 – Dee Miller Band sings the blues.
- Aug. 5 – Bend in the River Big Band will have you swinging with their jazz big band music.
- Aug. 12 – Kidsdance DJs spins hot new music and cool classics.
- Aug. 19 – Jivin’ Ivan and the Kings of Swing are local favorites playing music from the Golden Era. (*Concert at the River Bend Nature Center)
These concerts are a wonderful way to experience the arts, enjoy the nice weather in Faribault. Parks and Rec will also offer three visual art classes with local artist Kate Langlais on June 10, June 24 and July 29. Classes are free, but pre-registration is required at the Parks and Recreation website, ci.faribault.mn.us/632/Parks-Recreation.
Learn about other local events here.