Summer is nearly here, and music will once again fill the air on Thursday evenings in Faribault’s Historic Central Park for the 132nd anniversary season. This summer’s music schedule boasts 10 nights of free concerts that community and visitors alike are invited to attend.
Grab your lawn chairs, blankets, and friends and family and plan to be at Central Park in Faribault (unless otherwise noted) on Thursday evenings this summer. The historic band shell in Faribault provides a great home to a summer tradition. There is no cost to attend the concerts, and the music starts at 7PM each Thursday.
The 2019 Concerts in the Park Calendar:
- June 13th: The 8th Street Band
- June 20th: New Prague Area Community Band
- June 27th: Mankato Area Community Band
- July 4th: Gold Star Band (held at North Alexander Park)
- July 11th: Tony Cuchetti
- July 18th: Little Chicago
- July 25th: Jivin’ Ivan and the Kings of Swingh
- August 1st: Fridley City Band
- August 8th: Sandra Lee and the Velvets
- August 15th: Bend in the River Big Band
- August 29th: Long Time Gone (held at River Bend Nature Center)
These concerts are a wonderful way to experience the arts, enjoy the nice weather in Faribault. See the poster here.