Faribault boasts 10 area lakes and 2 rivers, which set the scene for great fishing stories! As the weather warms up, so does the desire to pick up a rod and reel and hit the water! Wondering which type of fish can be found in each of those area lakes? We’ve got the scoop below!
As you plan your Faribault fishing adventure, you might be dreaming of a particular species of fish on the end of the line, or maybe you want to know about the depth of each lake. We’ve got your covered.
- Cannon Lake covers 1591 acres, and a depth of 15. Species found in Cannon Lake include walleye, yellow perch, and crappie.
- Cedar Lake has an acreage of 804, with a depth of 42. Cedar Lake is home to walleye, crappie, and large mouth bass.
- Circle Lake’s acreage is 624, with a depth of 12. Fish found in Circle Lake include panfish, walleye, northern pike, and bullheads.
- French Lake sits on an acreage of 816, and a depth of 56. Species found in French Lake include walleye, crappie, sunfish, and muskie.
- Hunt Lake covers 160 acres, and a depth of 27. Swimming in Hunt Lake are crappie, sunfish, and northern pike.
- Lake Kelly-Dudley has an acreage of 125 and a depth of 60. Species found in Lake Kelly-Dudley include large mouth bass, crappie, and sunfish.
- Roberds Lake covers an acreage of 625 with a depth of 43. Roberds Lake is home to walley, crappie, and sunfish.
- Lake Mazaska is 685 acres, with a depth of 40. Fish found in Lake Mazaska include crappie, sunfish, and large mouth bass.
- At 634 acres and a depth of just 4, Wells Lake is home to walleye, yellow perch, and crappie.
Faribault is blessed to have many area lakes, where you can experience fishing, boating, canoeing, restful walks by the water, and even hear some fish stories while at a local resort! Learn more about the Faribault area’s lakes, resorts, and camping options here. To learn more about area fishing seasons and licensing, click here.